Tuesday 18 March 2014

Food Food Food!

I did some cooking with Bay today, although he was much more interested in eating it then cooking it.


Shit I make adorable children don't I? It's a talent of mine..

Here is another talent; cooking amazing food. I really do, I swear! Here are the links to the recipes I made with Bay this afternoon:







Yum Yum!

And I wanted to share with you guys some of my lunch box ideas too. If you are a parent then you probably know what it's like to struggle with filling lunch boxes 5 days a week. I remember being a kid I certainly didn't enjoy the idea of eating a plain old sandwich day after day and now that I am a mum I hate putting my kids through that. But there isn't really much you can do either, I mean, once they reach school age they can't heat up left overs and they can't put their lunch boxes in the fridge either so that really limits things. My kids are terrible at looking after things too so cold packs in the lunch box is a big pain for me, especially when I send them with Izzy, but I won't get into that right now.

So here are this last weeks lunch box mains:

Pretty Cut sandwiches. The first time I did this I used different sized shapes to use as much bread as possible but I was still unhappy about the amount of bread that went in the bin with the crusts so now I cut a large shape out of the middle and the kids can pull the middle out to eat it and also eat the rest too.


Saladas, simple but easily forgotten.





I also make roll-ups with bread and fillings and hold them together with tooth picks. Unfortunately I misplaced the photo.

Fairy Bread and Wraps are two other options the children enjoy.

Well thats all I've got for you for now. Let me know if you try any of my recipes.


Sami :-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment